- Parent Category: Pages
- Published on Thursday, 25 November 2010 01:54
Welcome to the Emergency Preparedness and Support Team's Website. This website is a gathering place for United Nations staff members who are survivors of emergencies as well as family members of United Nations staff who lost their lives in the line of duty. We hope that this website will be a supportive online community for you.
The site provides information on benefits and entitlements related to emergencies, a forum for engagement with UN staff members who can answer questions on post-emergency support, and a forum for engagement with other survivors and family members. You will also find information on upcoming ceremonies and events, and other emergency resources.
We hope you find the website useful. We very much look forward to your feedback and comments pertaining to any issues on emergency preparedness and support. Please feel free to contact us if you have any technical questions on how to access restricted areas of this site. Our contact information can be found on the "Contact Us" page.
Following is a brief description of each community:
- Survivors and Families' Support Network - This community is made up of families of UN staff members who have lost their loved ones in the line of duty and/or injured staff and their families who have survived mass casualty incidents, malicious acts and natural disasters.
- Call Centre Volunteers - This community is comprised of trained Call Center Volunteers registered in EPST Global Roster of trained emergency support volunteers. These trained volunteers are activated when an emergency situation occurs to respond to a sharply increased volume of callers seeking information about UN staff and the general situation.
- Family Focal Points - This community is for trained Family Focal Point who regisgtered in the EPST Global Roster of trained emergency support volunteers. FFPs are called upon to support survivors and affected families in the event of a critical incident or mass casualty incident as a result of malicious acts, workplace accident or natural disaster.
- EPST Alumni- This community is for staff who have participated in the EPST-organized training programmes.
- EPST - This community is for use by the EPST team.
- HR Specialists - This community is for HR Specialists who are helping affected UN staff and their families in the aftermath of a critical or mass casualty access benefits and entitlements.